This post was sponsored by Target. All opinions are my own.
I’m back back back again! What a whirlwind of a year it has been so far! Thankfully I am healthy, happy, and staying safe in my 1-bedroom apartment in the West Village. Now that we’re spending so much time at home, I’ve made a conscious decision to make my small space more of my own mini-sanctuary. I’ve had many issues getting to sleep and staying asleep growing up that still continue to this day. I usually try to tire myself out during the day so I’m utterly exhausted when I head off to bed but now that we’ve been told that we’re safest in the home I haven’t been able to accomplish that task. I decided that it was time to cozy up the space a bit. I started early on in quarantine by painting the walls to give the space a bit more life – I’m a true sucker for an accent wall. I decided on a yellowish gold color called “Tanlines” for my bedroom as I wanted to wake up to a happy and bright room in the morning. I purchased a bird of paradise plant that (thankfully) is still alive to this day! Lastly, I tacked the bedding and the fragrances in the room. Target new products in the new Casaluna brand were the perfect additions to my bedroom! Let’s break all the products down below!
In order for me to get a sufficient night’s sleep it’s important that the pillows, sheets, and comforter are the utmost level of comfort which was easy with the Casaluna products that I selected.
- The pillows were top priority for me and had to be the exact mix of firmness and softness. I decided on 4 Machine Washable Medium Firm Down Alternative Pillow as I prefer medium firm pillows and these certainly did not disappoint!
- The sheets were next on the list and I am admittedly very picky when it comes to choosing sheets. I’m not a high thread count kinda guy so I went with the 300 Thread Count Temperature Regulating Solid Sheet Set and they were the perfect softness! I ended up purchasing another set of pillowcases as it’s important to alternate them every few weeks!
- On to the comforter and shams! I toss and turn at night so wanted something a bit more heavy. I decided to go with the Heavyweight Linen Blend Comforter & Sham Set which was a great choice for me and it literally feels like heaaaaven!
- I topped it off with a chunky knit blanket which is a great addition as we are now entering the colder months!
- I added two additional decorative pillows to make the bed really pop! – the 20″x20″ Solid Throw Pillow & the Ibenz Ice Velvet Lumbar Throw Pillow.
Picking the fragrance was the next step in the process and I really wanted to make my space a calm and meditative space so I could escape from everyday realities and relax a bit. The Tranquility fragrances really stood out to me because that’s exactly what I needed in my room. The grey-ish tones of the products also complimented the grey in the blanket which was nice! Here are some of the fragrances options I chose:
- 30oz Glass Jar 4-Wick Tranquility Candle. Because who doesn’t love a great smelling candle!
- 6.7 fl oz Tranquility Oil Diffuser. I swear the scent from the diffuser fills up my whole apartment- it hits you right when you walk in the front door!
- 3.3 fl oz Tranquility Room Spray. I think one of my new hobbies is just spraying every piece of furniture I own with this room spray because I love it so much.
Casaluna helped me totally reset/recenter and provided me with the tools to necessitate the best night’s rest I could possibly have!
Be safe and stay healthy and I will talk to you guys soon!